Bermuda’s social sector comforts, supports and uplifts our community. It includes the nonprofits and social programmes and services that ensure equitable opportunity, lifelong success, and quality of life for all Bermuda residents. IAC is Bermuda’s only nonprofit focused specifically on social sector capacity building to help organisations adapt, innovate and align to meet community needs. IAC strengthens and unifies Bermuda’s nonprofits and social programmes to address these challenges through six core programmes: training, coordination, consultancy, collaboration, networking and communication.
IAC is expanding and seeking a part time Development and Communications contractor for 70 hours per month. The consultant will report to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing IAC’s fund development and overseeing IAC’s external marketing and communications functions.
- Supplement IAC’s earned income with sustainable and renewable philanthropic dollars from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Manage IAC’s fund development activities including donor research, cultivation, solicitation, appreciation and reporting, with a strong attention to grant writing and reporting.
- Direct strategic communications and marketing efforts to increase IAC’s visibility, supporting content development and identifying new media opportunities, while ensuring that all external materials align with and enhance IAC’s presence and identity.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree qualification
- A minimum of three years of experience with demonstrated responsibility for fundraising, marketing and communications functions.
- Experience with nonprofit fund development preferred, including proven success in developing and implementing fundraising campaigns and drafting grant applications.
- Knowledge of Bermuda donor landscape
- Knowledge of communications and marketing techniques
- Superior attention to detail is essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Mastery of all Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Publisher are required
- Comfort in working with online CRMs and email management systems (e.g Constant Contact)
- Experience working with WordPress, or similar website content management system preferred
- Expertise in using social media (including Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter)
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to Bermuda’s social sector.
Closing date for applications is August 12th, 2022.
To apply, please submit a CV, 1 reference letter and 1 writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held virtually the week of September 13th and 26th.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
A writing test will be included in 2nd round interviews